We are looking for a database engineer to join our Data services team. In this role, you will have to work closely with a team of DBA, data analysts & data scientists to analyze, evaluate, document databases & application interfaces. Be integral part of an evaluation and modernization process that will expose you to both legacy & cloud database technologies alike. You are a motivated, self-starter willing to learn, work in a fast-paced start-up like environment & enjoy solving problems.
· Analyze and document source systems and current data ingestion frameworks.
· Analyze and document existing databases and application interfaces.
· Understand the various database objects and their use cases.
· Evaluate new database technologies for the cloud – AWS, Azure, Snowflake.
· Liaise with other team members to understand bottlenecks in existing database systems.
· 5+ years of hands on experience in relational database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server.
· Familiar with cloud databases like Redshift or Snowflake.
· Experience handling semi-structured data formats like JSON, Parquet.
· Highly proficient in SQL & PL/SQL scripting languages.
· Solid experience in writing packages, stored procedures & functions.
· Good understanding of database & performance tuning options.
· Good understanding NoSQL database technologies.
· Exposure to in-memory database technologies like Redis.
· Experience working in Agile environments & familiar with JIRA.
· Exposure to ETL tools like Talend & DataStage.
· Exposure to version control tools and techniques like Git, Bitbucket.
· Excellent oral & written communication skills.