What you will do as a Lead DS:
• Grow and lead a team of data scientists for our HCMC team.
• Take the lead to design, build and deliver data science prototypes that solve a variety of use cases for our customers. These prototypes can range from predicting customer churn to improving revenue prediction.
• Be a hands-on team player that loves to work collaboratively with project management and data engineering team members on prototype projects.
• Work with our product leadership to identify which prototypes can be converted and scaled into re-usable applications that can be deployed on our Cloud, our platform.
• Be responsible and document how your prototype models solve the business problem so that your analyses can be repeatable and interpretable to others.
• Assist in the sales process by interacting with global prospects, analyzing their business problems and determining how we can help them overcome those challenges using data science.
• Collaborate very closely with our Data Engineering teams in HCMC and Seattle to deploy your ML prototypes and applications on Cloud.
• Provide mentorship to JVN Data Analytics students through knowledge sharing sessions and assigning relevant research activities and project tasks.
We would love to hear from you if:
• You have a Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or another quantitative field.
• You have at least 3 years industry experience with a demonstrable track record of building and deploying ML models in production.
• You thrive in an environment that can quickly build functioning prototypes to demonstrate business value.
• You feel comfortable translating business problems into concrete, quantitative questions that can be answered with data and models.
• You possess strong working knowledge in both supervised and unsupervised learning methods using structured and unstructured data.
• You feel comfortable working with business and data engineering teams to build and deliver data products and prototypes.
• You have some experience in understanding or building Natural Language Processing (NLP) applications such as sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, and topic modeling.
• You have strong Python and SQL skills.
• You have a point of view but are low ego to hear other team member’s perspectives.
• You possess native-like fluency in Vietnamese & business proficiency in English language skills.
It will be a bonus if you also have:
• Prior experience with Spark or other distributed compute platforms.
• Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem of products such as EC2, S3.
• Some people management experience having managed small teams of Jr. Data Scientists or Analysts, graduate or doctoral students, or other technical staff.
• Any experience working directly with non-technical customers articulating your model and insights to them.